Pages

Jul 29, 2016

My Third Bag - Dior Granville Bag Process Photos

It's funny how life comes full circle...
A couple of years ago, I was at the Lotte Department Store in Myungdong with my bestie. She was really hung up on Chanel Boy Bag, I was really in love with Dior's Granville bag. We ended up leaving the stores, after bowing courteously to the bags, laughing that we can't afford you right now... 

And now, I'm actually about two thirds of the way finished making the Dior Granville bag of my own! @_@~!! Good heavens, right?!!!

So, we started with some research. Easy enough, there were several photos of Granville online. Too bad the department stores have stopped carrying them...

Made the patterns for the front and bottom. And made some markings with a silver pen on my leather. I'm still a novice at making bags, so after some discussion with my Sensei, we decided it best for me to use stitches instead of sculpting the leather. Maybe some day, I'll learn how to do that. He called it "mori" in Korean... 

Machine stitching for the geometric lines... I got a lot better at making the straight lines straight... Sadly my front and back sides show a visible gap on how crooked versus how straight the lines are. Going to have to use the worse side as the back... 




After connecting the bottom and the front and back, hand-pressing the gold "feet"... That's what we sorta call it in Korean. We call it "sokkobal"...

The gold feet are all inserted, so the outside of the bag is all done except for the handles.


Worked on the inside lining and pocket yesterday.

Saturday, I will finish the zipper pocket and move on to the handle & opening of the bag where there is another zipper piece...



No comments:

Post a Comment